rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have this old picture frame it use to have a family

Customer Question

I have this old picture frame it use to have a family picture in it I think it is from the late 1800's but not positive it is made out of wood I think it has been painted. can you give me a value and anything you might know about it thanks.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This question has been on here for 30 hours can somebody please answer it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This question has been up here for 3 DAYS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

This is a stained oak and gilt gesso painted picture frame that was made in 1930's based on the nail and wide staple construction on the back. The frame would have a current value of $50 to $60 retail. As a framed mirror, $90 to $120.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This frame is older than that there are no staples in the back i know that it was from the late 1800 or very early 1900

You are right about the staples, I mistook one of the sideways nails for a staple now that I have gone back and reviewed the pictures. The frame can then date to circa 1900, but the value would still be the $50 to $60 retail value.