Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 6 pc. Set of shrimp or fruit cocktail dishes that

Customer Question

I have a 6 pc. Set of shrimp or fruit cocktail dishes that are sterling silver bases in a scrolled pattern and glass cups that screw in to the bases. They are old and no visible damage. I have not been able to find an appraiser to give me an estimate of their worth. Please help if you can appraise or find someone who can.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels. I need to see the STERLING mark and maker on one piece.

You can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the ability to send pictures at this time but will have my daughter do it when she visits me in 1-2 weeks.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

That will be fine. This question will 'time out' by then, but you can start a new one and ask for rarewares once you have pictures.