rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Drafting table which I cannot find a manufacturers

Customer Question

I have a Drafting table which I cannot find a manufacturers name. However there is a property tag on it which says the following: Property of Defense Plant Corporation, An Instrumentality of the United States Government. The # ***** on the tag is 872. Is there a value for this table?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

This is a WWII era drafting table, all government furniture at the time had this property tag. This table dates to the 1940's and does have a good value as people are switching to 'stand-up' desks for their daily work in an effort to be healthier. This vintage look is great as well. The table has a value of $600 to $800 retail (this range gives room for condition issues).

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.