Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was just cleaning an bookcase I have and was wondering the

Customer Question

Hi, I was just cleaning an bookcase I have for sale and was wondering the approximate value. It is a 4 shelf Cherry? bookcase. Very good condition. It has a tag on the bottom that says Morris Novelty Furniture Corp. # ***** It has beaded decoration on the shelves and Metal " claws" on the front of the legs. I have had this item for about 40 years.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Hello
Since I have not heard back from you as of today, I am going to opt out of this. I am having back surgery tomorrow and will be out for awhile. One of the other experts will pick this up it they can help you.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have decided to sell the bookcase, so I don't need to have it appraised at this time. I am hoping that I won't be charged for this. Thank you for your time.