rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Vase approx. 22cm tall 3 handles main colour

Customer Question

I have a Vase approx. 22cm tall 3 handles main colour burgundy, with gold scrolling and 3 pictures signed A. Kauffman. There are 3 maidens in all 3 paintings, one with Cupid. There are painted flowers near base on one side.This belonged to my grandparents and story goes it was a Wedding Present to them. My name is Pat ***.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am just interested to know if it has any value. I don't intend to sell it. I just wish to know where and who manufactured it. The only marking on it is 666.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I gave you the wrong email address, can I edit it please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you please send the answer to [email protected]
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

You can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not good at sending photos but will try.
Thanks Pat

You did a great job with the photo!

This is a circa 1910 Austrian Royal Vienna porcelain vase in an amphora shape with Angelica Kauffmann scenes. Kauffmann (1741-1807) was an Austrian female artist and her work was recreated on porcelain. The vase was not painted by her, but is a representation of her work and they give her the credit by adding a form of her signature. Many porcelain companies in Austria used depictions of her work on porcelain. The scenes were transferred on rather than hand painted, then made to look hand painted by adding a touch of highlight enamel paint in areas. This vase has a value of $110 to $150 in value.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.