Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I inherited an original enamel by "Mel" Somerosky that I

Customer Question

I inherited an original enamel by James "Mel" Somerosky that I would like to sell but I don't know the value of it as nothing is listed for him.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Hello

I am sorry I was not able to find anything on this artist, I am opting out maybe someone knows of his items selling somewhere.

Glenda

Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 9 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. I read through the dialogue you had with Glenda and do not see any images the work. Can you send another group to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques/appraisals. Please include: one of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

I am checking back to see if you received my reply.

I received your images of the Mel Someroski enamel on copper piece. I am now looking for sales records for the artist. As an appraiser I use these records to determine the value of a work of art. Any other approach is speculation.

I know that you may have already seen this information. But in case you did not here is a link to information on your artist.

http://www.enamelarts.org/index.php?collection&action=view_artist&artist_id=56

I check the various levels of auctions. The international, national and online.

James 'Mel' Someroski's work has not entered the first two. I did find two results from recent online auctions such as ebay. There two pieces came to auction for $250.00 to $350.00. These were not a well done as yours. Using the two examples to base a value on your enamel on copper by James 'Mel' Somerosky has an estimated auction value of $500.00 to $700.00.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Cheers Tim