Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have an antique statue (approx. 14" tall) that appears to

Customer Question

We have an antique statue (approx. 14" tall) that appears to be a likeness of a priest or leader in a far Eastern country. The figure wears a robe and headdress. It stands on something like a mahogany or exotic wood base. It was passed along to us by my uncle who obtained it most likely when he served in the military in Korea during that conflict in the 1950s. The costume is elaborate and detailed. It has seams and jewelry and beading that is raised from the surface and it is inconceivable that this sort of detail came out of a mold or mass-production process. We can send a professionally prepared photo(s) in lighting that shows all detail if that would assure a more authoritative analysis.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to appraise your antique figure.

Thanks for the excellent description, he sounds unique.

Could you very kindly attach the photos you mentioned.

Many thanks,
Robert S.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0