Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I have a Wagner Ware #3 cast iron skillet. The bottom of the

Customer Question

I have a Wagner Ware #3 cast iron skillet. The bottom of the pan is smooth. Looking at the bottom while holding the pan by the handle the Wagner stylized logo is at the top and at the bottom is 1053 A. Most Wagner skillets of this style I have seen also have the size number on top of the handle; however, my skillet has a plain handle (no size number). Is there a reason for this? Thank you for your answer.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 9 months ago.

Hi John,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

You posted your image as a text document. This site can only accept jpegs.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
http://imgur.com/3lK8peq and http://imgur.com/4f8gYZG
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have sent you two jpeg photos.

Thanks for the pictures.

From what I've seen in the market, the only reason the handle on your pan does not show the size number is ***** someone forgot to stamp it there. It is, in every way, a standard Wagner Ware 1053A #3 skillet. These things happen, and there's no other reason for it.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, John.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does the fact the size number is ***** on the handle have any effect on the value? Its hard to believe there would be very many of them produced if it was not the practice to omit the size number.

I think if you were showing it to a group of hardcore fanatical collectors of Wagner Ware, someone in the group might find it fascinating but, for the vast majority of collectors, it would not make a difference. It's not an anomaly in the design or function of the pan, so it really isn't much different.

Hi John,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.