Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a beautiful Antique Stained Glass Shade Table Lamp.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a beautiful Antique Stained Glass Shade for a Table Lamp. We do not have a base. One the underside of the shade, there is a metal tag that reads Bailey / Banks. I know of Bailey, Banks & Biddle, but I don't know of just Bailey / Banks. Can you help me to identify the maker of this shade, and can you help appraise it? The shade is beautiful and it does not repeat. How can I send you photographs?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is Rarewares and I would love to help. Let's start by having a look at the shade. If you added pics with the original inquiry, it seems they did not ride along.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the shade and the mark you mentioned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am having a problem uploading the photos. I have them in drop box. Is there an email I could get from you.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You can email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put a reference number in the email. I will resend them again. This time with "for rarewares"

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering if you had any success.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I have not received any photos yet. I will check with them.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Customer support said that there is nothing there from your registered email address and to make sure that you sent from the same address that you signed up with.

I use the site just like you do, so I have no access or knowledge of your account or billing, so I rely on them for sending me the photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent a link to dropbox with the information in it. Let me try to download the photos and th

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am trying to upload more photos. I hope I didn't hit the "Not satisfied with your expert". If so, it was an error. I am trying to upload more a few more photos for you to view.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I got the main picture of the shade. The second photo did not load, said that the file had an error it it. I would like to see the tag you had mentioned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3n6avoh4lt269ph/AABLP6E5WooVqVCDXrYGRoBAa?dl=0

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I will have to opt-out because I am not able to give you a definitive answer and I am not going to make guesses. There was never a Bailey Banks as a company, unless the Biddle fell off but I do not see a break to the copper tag. It looks like a Tiffany shade, but Tiffany was their fiercest competitor in the early 1900's and there is no record of them selling Tiffany lamps or shades, only Quezal Glass (nothing like your lamp). Of course, there were other makers of leaded glass shades at the time. I am just finding no definitive record of a partnership with any of the other lamp companies.

I will opt-out and allow another expert to use this info and your photos to continue the quest.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.