Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

March 24, 2016 To Whom It May Concern, I hope you can help

Customer Question

March 24, 2016
To Whom It May Concern,
I hope you can help me out. Attached are some images of a clock I have. It appears to be handcrafted, has one hand, is working and keeps good time. The weights are shaped like baked potatoes and are heavy. All I know about it is that it was offered for sale more than 30 years in the Brooklyn Museum gift shop. It had been in its collection but was removed because it was thought that the weights were missing. My father, at the time assistant director of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden next door to the museum, bought it and afterward discovered the weights in the bottom of the clock!
Any help you can provide on the origin of the clock and its possible value would be most helpful.
Sincerely,
Ellen Tomson-Moylan *****
St. Paul, MN 55105
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock, the dial and of the movement in the back. If it is too dark for photos of the movement, then let me know of the writing or numbers there. The only picture that came through with your original inquiry was the close-up of the medallion above the 12 on the dial.