Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Value of a 1905 Steiff teddy bear

Customer Question

Value of a 1905 Steiff teddy bear
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mother was born in 1905 and I have pictures of her with the bear when she was around 5 yrs old.
Do you want me to send a picture?
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Yes, please post a few photos of the bear so I may look them over and give you an accurate value. I would also like to see any tags if he has any. I understand there is no button so if you post a close up of face and back side too. Thank you I can then review the bear and tell you about the piece. A 1904/1905 bear runs in value 1400-1800.00 so I will do some research and be able to post back here this evening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take pictures and send shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached pictures below of 2 other bears that I would like for you to comment on, if you can. I cannot find the 1905 bear I recently put it in a safe place that I can't seem to find!! I did find these two bears, though. Pictures 2254-2258 are from a 1969 Stieff bear in good condition. It has a button in the ear but no tag. I'm just curious as to its value.
Pictures 2259-2262 are of a very old bear acquired from an auction house. It is 14" with a long snout, paws have holes with wood shavings filling. Arms are long. Fur is worn. No button or tags. It is hard to know what to do with these bears as they do age with time and eventually will just fall apart. I realize you may not be able to comment on these other 2 bears and I will do an all out search for the missing bear, which I must find. Thank you for letting me inquire tonight.

Hello, thank you for the photos and yes it is fine I am now looking up values and information for you. I will post my findings when completed. Thank you.