Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a small, about 3" x 5", beautifully made booklet

Customer Question

I have a small, about 3" x 5" , beautifully made booklet ,from WW11 that my father brought home from WW11, when he was stationed with the First Air Commandos in the China, Burma, India arena. It is written, I understand, in ancient Japanese. I was told that it is something given to the elite military and government officials by the Emperor. It was given originally by the first Emperor of Japan. It is covered in a tan silk-like fabric and written ,partly in red and partly in black ink. I would like to have more information on this but don't know where to go to get it. I would appreciate any help you might have to offer. Thank you. Jean Turner
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Jean

Are you looking for an Antique Appraiser that specializes in Asian Antiques, ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not certain what I need but it could be an appraiser that specializes in Asian Antiques although the booklet was found on a dead Japanese officer during WW11 which is not over 100 years ago. I just would like to find out about what it is and maybe info about a family that it could be attached to or its worth. ?Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jean

You need someone to do research for you. This category is appraisals we value items for customers. The site does have a research department. I can give you the customer service number and you can have them move this to research for you.

Glenda