Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Information on G. Ekrem 1914 oil on canvas 12"x 22" sailing

Customer Question

Information on G. Ekrem 1914 oil on canvas 12"x 22" sailing ship with American flag
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. You can do this by using the AddFiles feature on your screen.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

~Rarewares

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you can'take tell me anything about the artist Ekrem? Since you specialize in another field why are you responding to a request for information about an oil painting artist? Thx Dro ***
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 months ago.

I do specialize in fine art as well as my other specialties. I am a published author on art and I am also a watercolor artist. It is required for us to ask for photos of art in order to give an accurate answer.

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer for you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** just curious. It was not that I doubted your abilities, as it came to me in the email, it appeared I had contacted the wrong division somehow. I have taken pics of front, back and the painting is 12" x 22"
I will have to go to Verizon and get help in sending the pics to you as I don't know how.
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

You can email your images to***@******.*** and write “For Rarewares/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by administrators, so thank you in advance for some patience when sending this way.