rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a reproduction of The Kitchen Maid by Chardin on a

Customer Question

I have a reproduction of The Kitchen Maid by Chardin on a wooden plaque. On the reverse is a small plaque attached with the inscription 1117. CHARDIN (1699-1779) The Kitchen Maid (Samuel H. Kress Collection).
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a print that has been decoupaged onto wood circa 1960 to 70 and was sold in department and furniture stores as home decor. It is a print of The Kitchen Maid, a famous painting by Jean Simeon Chardin (french, 1699-1779). The painting is part of the Samuel Kress Collection on view at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.

The wooden plaque was not sold in Kress stores, but in furniture and department type of stores. The piece has a current value of $10 to $20 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.