rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a woolschlager painting that is about 30+ years old.

Customer Question

I have a laura woolschlager painting that is about 30+ years old. Is it worth anything and is the artist still alive
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is an Indian motif with a black skull in the middle with Indians on horses and a teepee as part of the overall piece
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I purchased it from a friend. I think he might have purchased it in Yakima Washington, but that may not mean very much. I can go have a look in back of the painting to see if there is more information there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

This artist, Laura Woolschlager, is a 20th century artist and is still living. Most of her work was done in the 1980's. This artist is from Omak, Washington and is known for mixed media on copper and acrylic on board. She also has made prints of her work. A print would have numbers on it somewhere like 60/90. Her print series always came with a label on the back. If you have a print, it is worth $100 and if you have an original painting, it is worth $225.00. An original painting would not be behind glass and would have only her signature, no numbers or labels.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Was there any other information that you needed about this piece? If we are done with this item, please do click the stars to rate me and to close this question, thank you!