Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of hamess and collars that were used in the

Customer Question

I have a set of hamess and collars that were used in the firehouses when they used horses.They are one unit fitted together in good shape. Never seen anything like them ever posted anywhere, any idea on value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a certified appraiser. i would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of this for my review. This helps in my evaluation to give you an accurate value. Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Tanya, this is the only picture I could get to upload, it shows one,but I have two of them both the same. They come apart on the bottom and snap together for fast placment on the horse. The leather has been oil well cared for with no holes. They are both in usable condition so in good shape. I also have a complete set of harnesses that could go with them. All in good useable condition. I do not have the bridles for them. I would like a value for the collars alone and also with the harnesses. I am looking to sell these items if you could possibly suggest where I might list them. Thanks,Mark

Hi Mark thank you for the photo. These are roughly 1890-1910 in age. Excellent condition from photo. Value is 350-400.00

The harnesses without seeing them here- same condition, age and quality would run 200.00-250 in value. I will look up a few specialy sites to see if they are still buyi.g pieces and post back here for you ,