Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a Tutankhamun Exhibition 23 K Gold stamp colletion,

Customer Question

My name is***** have a Tutankhamun Exhibition 23 K Gold stamp colletion, in excellent condition. It the book contains 38 23K gold stamps. I would like to know what its current value is?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was puchased by my father in 1983, it is the The Tutankhamum Exhibition issue, a special limited edition 23K gold commemorating the treasure of Tutankhamun.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I researched your question before I decided to answer.

I found where a set of 23K Tutankhamun Exhibition stamps sold at auction for $89.99 in 2008.

See image below.

Remember this is auction value. Retail would generally be at least $180. This may be less than your father paid; but now, that is what they are selling for.

If you hold onto the the set, it will become more scarce and worth more.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

This is where you rate me.

Kind regards,

Doris

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I appreciate the dealers response, however, I believed I had cancelled the PayPal transaction when I realized that in stead of $18 dollar deposit, I was bein charged $38.00 and it appeared to be a monthly change. I sent a paypal dispute response 2 days ago, before I even received this dealers response! I do NOT want to have a monthly account, I feel this was a bait and switch scam that is just not right.

I am so sorry you are having difficulties.

We professionals are not employees of Just Answer; so, we do not know about charges by the site.

Please contact customer support at the following address. You will get the help you are asking for.

Kind regards,

Doris

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help