Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have two prints, in gold colored frames of suspected

Customer Question

Hi, I have two prints , in gold colored wood frames of suspected Currier and Ives prints. One is American Homestead Winter and the other is The Roadside Mill. Both are approximately 8x12. On the back of each frame is a sticker 'C&A Richards, Boston Mass" with numbers 568 and 569.There is nothing else on the picture but the name , no marks stating Currier and Ives or anything else. If I tried to open the frame to see if anything is on the back I am sure it would damage both the frame and the print.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Any information will be appreciated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Sincerely
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 9 months ago.

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

It would help if I can see images of the prints. One of the whole work front plus one of the sticker.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

Good morning, I received the image you sent of American Homestead Winter. I am checking on this for you.

Your prints are both later issues of the Currier & Ives prints American Homestead Winter was first published in 1868 and The Roadside Mill in 1970. C&A Richards was a company that sold copies of well known works by various artists. As such they are primarily decorative and sell in a shop for $25.00 to $50.00 each.

Thank you for your question.

Tim