rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Rockingham dining set 6 chairs 1 table 2leaves 1980 Model

Customer Question

Rockingham dining set 6 chairs 1 table 2leaves 1980 Model #8378
I am looking for the value of this piece.
Thank you in advance for your time;
Truly,
Jane
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the set and the makers marks on one of the pieces.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have sent pictures you have charged me and still no answer for the value of the set.....

I have not received any photos in my email as of yet. I do see two of numbers here but no photo of the set or maker's label.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here are the only other markings on the set.

This is a dining room set made by Temple-Stuart furniture in the Rockingham pattern, a hard rock maple wood set in early American style. This design was made from the 1960's into the 80's. This set of table with leaves and six chairs has a value of $200 to $300. The wood sets from the 80's are not bringing large prices currently because the trend in decor is the 1950's styles of mid-century modern.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This experience was not worth the 34 dollar price. The frustration and lack of help was worth the answer that my original price was set at. 22 dollars. I would hope you are not chat hinging me 34😳

I use this site just like you do, so I have no connection with your account or billing.

It is necessary and required for me to ask for pictures in order to be accurate when assessing your items, so I am sorry if that caused you frustration.

Please remember to click the stars and that the rating is for me and not for the site. I answered quickly and accurately, so I do hope that you will consider a good rating. The good rating is how the site decides to credit me (they pay me separately) for answering your question.