Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Original 7 gunfighter series + Calamity. all in molded

Customer Question

original 7 gunfighter series + Calamity Jane. all in molded styrofoam and original boxes.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: each box has the story of the statue (person) on the inside. we were surprised that each of our boxes was made by the same company but we have 8 instead of 6.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: my husband has had them since 1970, they have been displayed in many barrooms in Arizona. Black Bart is the 7th man as well as the only woman being Calamity Jane
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Are your gunfighters bottles? Do you know the maker? This information should be on the box.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they are bottles & the name on the boxes is McCormick gunfighter series. each box shows 6 names, but we have 7 men. The 1 man not shown in the six pics on the back of each box in Black Bart + we have Calamity Jane so we have a set of eight.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

It should take about 20 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

From my previous research, I was able to determine an auction value of $250-275 for the set of 7 gunfighters plus Calamity Jane in original boxes and styrofoam molds. by McCormick.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place a small ad on this site or set up your own small store on this site..

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the gunfighter series cost more than that new. I would think they would be worth that much for each bottle now.

Remember, I gave you auction value and stated the following:

"A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value."

This means that your set would be worth retail anywhere from $417- 917 depending on the location you sell it in. Ebay is an auction site, not retail.

The highest any set minus Calamity Jane and Black Bart with original packaging sold for was $180 at auction on eBay in 2006. Adding in Black Bart and Calamity Jane, the auction value would be the numbers I gave you originally.

If you put it up for sale yourself on Esty.com for retail price you should get close to what you want....It all depends on how fast you want to sell it.

Please consider giving me a POSITIVE RATING. It is the only way I AM CREDITED BY JUST ANSWER for my knowledge, time and work.
You should see five stars. This is where you rate me.

Kind regards,

Doris

2006.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris