Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a painting that says thisis a genuine Artini

Customer Question

i have a painting that says thisis a genuine Artini engraving
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: sorry did not finish
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: moses and the ten commandments not to be reproduced without permission 1717 west farms rd bronx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This piece was made by the Structural Development Corporation in New York in the 1960's with the trade name Artini Masterpieces. These were created to give the look of carved and etched marble by pressing plastics together then carving into them. They made many different pieces based on Biblical themes and famous paintings then added their own one piece "Carvelo" frame made of layers of wood glued together. This piece, Moses and the Ten Commandments, has a value of $40 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.