rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have am original painting that was given to me 35 years

Customer Question

I have am original painting that was given to me 35 years ago from architect Morris Lapidus titled peace and tranquility dated "66. Its painted on blue construction paper and the subject is a farm house with a red barn in a snow covered setting. I also have a sketch of women holding her face looking down that is number 9/125. I understand he burned all of his artwork back in the mid 80's. Got any idea what them my be worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

Morris Lapidus (1902-2011) was a Florida artist that specialized in architectural drawings and was most prolific in the 1960's. Peace and Tranquility has a value of $500. The sketch of a woman is a limited edition print and not original, this one being number 9 of 124 made. This piece is worth $40 to $60.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.