Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE A BLUE & TRANSFER PORCELAIN PLATE. THE CENTER

Customer Question

I HAVE A BLUE & WHITE TRANSFER PORCELAIN PLATE. THE CENTER FEATURES A PEACOCK WITH HIS PLUMAGE (NOT DISPLAYED) RESTING ON A FLOWERED TREE LIMB. THE NEXT SECTION IS DIVIDED INTO THREE LARGE SECTIONS OF FLOWERS AND THREE SMALLER SECTIONS OF A BASKET WEAVE PATTERN THAT CIRCLE THE MIDDLE SECTION OF THE PLATE. FINALLY, THE OUTER SECTION IS ANOTHER BASKET WEAVE PATTERN DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE SECTION. THE RIM IS TRIMMED IN GOLD. THE RIM IS A DECORATIVE CIRCULAR PATTERN WITH A POINT (ALBEIT SMALL) AND A DIP (AGAIN SMALL) IN THE RIM. ON THE BACK THERE IS A BLUE LINE THREE-QUARTERS DOWN THE BACK OF THE BOWL. THE ONLY MARKING ON THE BACK IS A SIGNATURE IN BLUE THAT LOOKS TO BE A MIRROR IMAGE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO READ. IN READING BACKWARDS IT LOOKS LIKE .W THEN A LETTER THAT HAS A DESCENDER. THEN THERE ARE 2 LETTERS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE SAME LETTER ONLY THEY ARE PLACED BACK-TO-BACK. THE REST IS IMPOSSIBLE TO READ. THE PIECE IS HEAVY. IT LOOKS MODERN BUT IT HAS ME CURIOUS. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add a picture of the plate and of the mark.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Don't know how to do Add files. Phone is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora