Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraisals
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a ***** ***** Dunne Publisher litheograph of the

Customer Question

i have a ***** ***** Dunne Publisher litheograph of the Magna Carter . It has slight water damage and I need for insurance claim.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has been in family for over a 100 years.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Will no longer works on this site. I hope you do not mind my taking your question.

I researched your question before I decided to answer.

I found several M Walter Dunn copies of the Magna Carta that had sold at auction for $45-65. They were the same age as yours 1900-1910.

Auction values are usually about half what a dealer would charge.

This means your copy of the Magna Carta would have a retail antiques store value of about $110-130.

I wish it could be more but the recent sales do not justify a higher value.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Retail values are the same as insurance values.

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris