Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a WW1 document...measuers approx. 13"x25" paper.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...I have a WW1 document...measuers approx. 13"x25" paper. Heading reads Ambulance Co. No. 1...2nd Div. A.P.O. 710...A.E.F....Roster...1st. LT. M.C. Oliver E. Vanalyea...Commanding Officer. The document lists the Names and address (of some) and all of therir home towns...listed in groups by job tytles and rank. Then it goes on to list the names by...Date Of Casualties...Slightly Wounded...Killed In Action...Awarded Croix DE Guerre (what is this I wonder). The only dates on the document are referenced by some names dating form June 7, 1918 to November 11, 1918. My Grandfather's name is ***** *****(under Privates-He servived). Then on the bottom it reads: "That the years to come may be happy for all members of the SECOND DIVISION...I am proud of you all".I am looking for some general information on the document and an approxament value. Thank You in advance. *** ******...********, Ohio.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: The paper document is not in the best of shape...staining and "small" tears on the edjes and corners...but is exteramly ledgeable for it's age....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see clear, in-focus images of the document.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora...I will need to figure out how to post and send picture...how much time do I have to get it to you...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can send images at your convenience. No rush - there is not a time limit here.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora...I sent the photos you requested by regular email. Thanks Again. ****** ********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone call needed at this time. ****** ********...02-16-16...4:14pm.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you - I will let you know when the images arrive to me.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora...Don't know what time zone you are in...I'm at 6:30 PM...EST....is our deal going to happen tonight...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I have not yet received images, so likely tomorrow.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Nora...Did you receive the images yet...do you have any results? Thank You. Tim Johns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Nora...Did you receive the images yet...do you have any results? Thank You. Tim Johns.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Images have not yet arrived to me. Did you receive a confirmation from admin that your photos arrived to them?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You Dora for responding...I did not receive a confirmation...I went to my sent box and it said..."Prohibited File Type, File Was Deactivated"...I was not aware of this...I will attempt to correct this problem tomorrow. Thank You again for responding. Tim Johns.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim,

Try using this link for assistance: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora...Please be advised...I was never able to send photo's using my PC...The photo's I hope you will receive were taken by Kevin L. Bradford using his iPhone...these were sent to (*****@******.*** For Nora/Antiques)...and I did receive conformation they were received. Assuming you received the photo's at some time...please observe the word "Pershing" in the lower right hand corner of the document...there is no signature of any kind included...also notice the "German" text in the lower left hand corner...these two items I failed to note in my original explanation. I hope this information was received and is helpful. Please advise the status of my inquiry when possible. Thank You again. Tim Johns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora...I do not understand why you cannot accept the photo's forwarded to you from a friends cell phone...one Kevin L Bradford was able to take pictures of my document and forward them to you on his cell phone on my behalf to***@******.***...with my name attached and also attached..."For Nora/Antiques"...notice sent by Jim G from Justanswer Customer Care states you are unable to accept the photos due to the fact that Kevin L Bradford has no active account...you and I have been working on this project since Feb.16th....into the fifth day now...and you are aware of the problems I have experienced attempting to forward the photos...could you please contact Mr. Jim G with the Acc# ***** ID# ***** and secure the photos on my behalf so that we may continue with my attempt to obtain information on my document. I hope you will be able to turn what has so far been a less than pleasent experience into a more than gratifying experience...I will be anxiously waiting for your reply. Thank You in advance. Tim Johns Acc.# ***** Order ID# *****