Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have some ivy pattern Meissen: a tea pot, 4 saucers, 4

Customer Question

I have some ivy pattern Meissen: a tea pot, 4 saucers, 4 cups and a tray. They all have the original Meissen mark yet some are older than others according to the marks, I always thought they were a set. What is the best thing to do if I am interested in selling. They are in wonderful condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. These sets sell well online on sites like Ebay and Etsy.com. My advice is for you to separate the pieces by mark and sell them that way (according to their age). I see that the pieces have some toning/staining from tea or coffee and that does detract from their value a bit. Some of these pieces were made in the 1880s and some in the 1920-30 period . Let me know which pieces have which mark and I can give you a better idea of value.