rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have some China made in France LS&S Limoges France gold

Customer Question

I have some China made in France LS&S Limoges France gold trim. Where can I find out it's value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please let me know how many pieces you have and in what form (cups, dinner plates, covered servers) they are. Please also add one picture of the pattern and one of the mark on the bottom of one piece by using the Add Files feature on your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you receive my info? I had difficulty with getting the photos to you. I can switch to my I pad which would make things much easier, but I am not paying more money to do so. Looking forward to your answer
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I do have the pictures, yes. I am working on your answer now. Let me know how many pieces you have, that is the only missing piece of information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9 of the saucers and the 1 container
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Your porcelain was made by Coiffe Limoges of Limoges, France between 1891 and 1914 when they used this green star mark with FRANCE underneath. The LS & S mark is the name of the decorator and importer Lazarus Straus and Sons of New York (1895-1927). The china was made as white ware blanks in France then sent to New York for decoration and distribution to department stores. Your design is a transfer application of violets with gold trim and white enamel painted highlights. This pattern has no name or pattern number, but similar china can be found by Coiffe in this same shape. The container is a sugar bowl that is missing the lid.

Your set of 9 saucers and one sugar bowl have a value of $90.00 retail. That would be $8.00 each for the plates/saucers and $20 for the sugar bowl.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to tell you that I do have the lid
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Ah, great! Then the sugar bowl is worth $30.