LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have 4 landscape paintings (small) by K. Stone and I was

Customer Question

I have 4 landscape paintings (small) by K. Stone and I was wondering where I could find info about the artist and potential value of these paintings.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. I'm trying to settle my mother's estate and I'm going off a signature on the painting.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

This is Wayne, thankbyou for your question.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the late reply... your messages went to my junk folder, so didn't see them til' now. Attached is image of one. They're all variations on the same scene... more or less. 9 1/2" x 8" canvas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, there's actually two (of the four) different paintings there...
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

This is by a very prolific decorative artist. These are sold at furniture stores and by decorators. These are selling for $100-150 each. Here is a link to a painting by Stone on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-STONE-BEAUTIFUL-LANDSCAPE-PAINTING-VINTAGE-GREAT-FRAME-SIGNED-/262249725211?hash=item3d0f4d3d1b:g:c5cAAOSw~gRVlKLI

This one is a fall scene vs the Alps in yours. Note the treatment of the water.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know anything about the artist? Full name, where they're from, or based...? How old?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

No detailed info is available on this artist. Painting style is 1960s to present. I was able to find several paintings by this artist and provided accurate market value.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the same listing through a Google search before we had contact.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello ,y name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Could you post a clear close up of the signature on these paintings for my review. I can then give you information on tbe artist and an accurate value of your set. Thank you.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Could you post a clear close up of the signature on these paintings for my review. I can then give you information on tbe artist and an accurate value of your set. Thank you.