Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a few other items that i need value help on. Just a

Customer Question

I have a few other items that i need value help on. Just a little background on a few of the items. My father n law gave us the two rugs as a gift. The Rice Paper prints were purchased when they lived in Asia like the Garden Stool that you valued for me earlier. The Singapore Pallet Painting was also purchased in Asia. I will attached a view photos and other items to start the process. I also attached some valuation that the insurance company got based off the pictures of the rugs. My father n law said that the 10 x 12, which is the blue/red based rug was a turkmen rug.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There~

Thank you for the request here, however I only assess one item or matched set per question.

At your convenience, please choose one and send photos.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you do the two rugs?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I can assess one rug here, unless they are a matching set.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
start with blue red rug.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post the images of the one rug here. With multiple images with links that need to be opened, this convolutes the question and can cause confusion.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I would not be able to make an assessment of rugs based on a room photo.

I can opt-out and open your question to all the experts again if you like.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the only photo i have. would anyone be able to assess it?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You are meaning the Turkish Rug, in the room with the fire place?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blue and red rug that you can see the corner of. I unfortunately don't have any pictures of it alone. It was stolen which is why I am trying to validate the value.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I can work with that. You know the name.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Turkmen Wool Rug, Red, Blue and White Geometric Design, origin: Afghanistan has a retail market value of $3***-**-****.00, in good condition.

.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site. Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.

So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda