Mr. Fred Acquistapace, my names is Tim. I am a fine art appraiser. You have a major challenge before you. First we can give you an opinion of value based on the readily apparent identity of a work of art. We are not authenticators. With works by Van Gogh, authentication is in the hands of the Van Gogh Museum. The problem with them is they have certain conditions.
Procedure and conditions
1) We can only process your request if you are the owner of the work in question.
2) Before you submit a request, please read our terms and conditons:
3) By submitting a request, you consent to our terms and conditions.
4) If you submit an authentication request, you will receive confirmation by e-mail with your request number and the conditions for visual material.
5) You then have four weeks in which to supply the visual material (and any additional documentation) by post to the Van Gogh Museum, stating the number of your authentication request. The visual material must satisfy the Requirements for Visual Material
Our address:Van Gogh MuseumCollections, Research & Exhibitions (your request number here)PO Box 753661070 AJ AmsterdamThe Netherlands
Once we have received your visual material by post, we will check whether your authentication request meets the stated requirements. If so, you will receive a response from us within a maximum of three months. There are two possibilities:
You will receive our opinion by e-mail. We will explain our view concisely or in detail, depending on the findings.
If you are considering selling the work another option is to have an auction house look at the work. If you want to go in that direction let me know and I will give some contacts.
I am an independent appraiser and am compensated by Just Answer when you rate or accept my answer. You have to ask customer service for any other billing questions.
Here is the phone number. 1(###) ###-####/p>