rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have a surveying instrument that was my husbands

Customer Question

we have a surveying instrument that was my husbands grandfathers and my husband is 86
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Please add one of any writing on the instrument.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sorry i am 83 and do not know how to put a picture on, it is on a 3 pole wooden stand and has a string down the middle with a weight on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will have to get someone to come and put a picture is that is what it takes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot find any writing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Okay, we will work without it. This is an antique survey transit with plumb bob (the weight that hangs down) and the legs are called a tripod. This piece has a value of $200 to $300. Mind you, that is without me being able to see the piece, so that is why I give a range.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.