Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I own a silhouette of" Horace and family, Albany 1836. It is

Customer Question

I own a silhouette of "George Horace Johnson and family, Albany 1836. It is signed in lower left corner, Aug Edouard facit 1836.
There are 4 figures - left to right - a man wearing top hat and has a walking cane; young boy holding a rocking horse toy; another boy, taller than the first, holding a toy Jack-in-the- Box and a woman holding a parasol. The background is of a fence with a gate.
On the reverse side of frame is label "Styled & Manufactured Andres, Inc. New York City, N. Y. Style No. S144"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora