Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a Sterling Silver teapot in a melon like shape (large

Customer Question

I have a Sterling Silver teapot in a melon like shape (large and heavy) with leaf like lid and leaf and branch type feet. Can't find any markings, how old, where and by who was it made. Think the finial maybe other than silver, it never tarnishes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

In the absence of marks and from the images this is a silver alloy metal teapot and not a sterling silver piece. Silver alloy metals do not have a precious metal melt down value like sterling silver. This was likely produced in China in the late 20th century. On today's market, the value of your teapot is under $30. To be definitive about the type of metal this is made from, I do recommend that you have this tested at a gold/silver buyer shops. There are stores of this type in most towns and all cities. They do test metal for free right in front of you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora