Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I would like to know how old my raggedy doll is and it's

Customer Question

I would like to know how old my raggedy ann doll is and it's worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Is there a label or tag on the backside of this?

~Nora

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see one. Thete are no tears on her. Her eyes are some kind of black thread and the nose is almost yarn type. I believe I saw something on Internet that because of the thread eyes, it was from the 20's or maybe early 30's. Would like to know value.
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Steven-R replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help a bit! The doll does not appear to be as early as you think as the hair looks to have synthetic rayon in it, which would not have been available until the 1950s era. To do a simple test, just pull a fiber strand and put it to a lighted match--if it sizzles and melts, it is a rayon blend. Earlier ones would be wool, which will SMELL like burned hair....

If it is from the later era, as it appears, in all candor the dolls are relatively common and in fine shape, as yours appears to be, it would retail around $55 in most shop settings. If I may assist further in any manner, PLEASE just ask.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there another way to test for wool? It definitely smells like burned hair.