Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Does anyone know anything about this item? I think it's

Customer Question

Does anyone know anything about this item? I think it's an old censer. Looks to be made of copper. Also wanting to know what it may be worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

Are there any marks or stamps anywhere on the piece? Even initials or a small image mark?

I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see anything but it needs a good cleaning. I thought it be better to leave it in the state I found it though. It measures 6" diameter if that helps

I'm unable to identify this item.

I'm going to opt out, which will open up your question to other appraisers. You don't need to do anything or pay any additional fees.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

Hello...could you note the dimensions and if the top will come off, and provide an image of the back? The central portion appears to be turned brass--could you also check the entire surfaces with a magnet to see which parts are iron and which are not?

With kind regards,

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not with the item now. But did provide a rear pic earlier. It is 6" diameter and yea the top comes off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back home with the piece. I did the magnet test you asked. All the material on this piece is non-magnetic. Again it is 6" in diameter. The top comes off and looks like some writing on the back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone able to help with this piece. I asked this question over 2 days ago