Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am also selling this blanket roll table. It is walnut, has

Customer Question

I am also selling this blanket roll table. It is walnut, has a small crack 2" crack at the top. It does not affect it opening or closing. Other than that it is in beautiful shape. What would I get if I sold it at auction or just listed it myself. I bought this in 1997 at auction from Neil's in New Orleans for my bed and breakfast.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am still searching for comparables on this one for you; thank you for the request.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is rather unique. My home was in Southern Living 3 times and at one time they were interested in making a reproduction of this piece.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I agree that it is a rather unique and fine piece of furniture. You have lovely items and certainly the taste worthy of being featured in Southern Living, a favorite publication of mine! The extent of value will really depend on whether this is an American or English piece, do you have an idea of such?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I believe it to be American. I purchased this piece and an 1820's butlers desk at the same time. Both were from Weymouth Hall in Natchez, MS. My husband and I are downsizing and moving to a condo. I can only keep a few pieces. 😢. My next question and I am finished for the night is about the value of the butlers desk. It is flame mahogany and in beautiful condition.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I will look this over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have you determined a value or found more information yet?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I have not found a match or comparable to the roll table for you yet.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I have not found a comparable to this blanket roll table for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Maybe I can help you, are you wanting the current market value for the Antique Flame Mahogany Butlers Desk?

Glenda