rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I just posted a question about about a chafing dish but lost

Customer Question

I just posted a question about about a chafing dish but lost contact when I tried to take a picture of it. How can I get in contact with that expert ant give them the picture?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

There is no listed expert connected with your question, but you are welcome to add pictures here and I can help you. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add photos of the dish and of any marks on the bottom or sides.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I'll start over. I went online and I looked up Meridian which was on the back of the chafing dish.meridan 1847 silver soldered nickel. And a number 10. So I read all the info about the company that started in 1847. I wondered if this chafing dish is an antique or a reproduction. It was given to my stepson's first wife by her grandmother, and is very old do I'm thinking that she had it for many years. I took a picture of it and it is in my I-phone and I can give you permission to access
My phone
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not meridian but Meriden only before merger.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All the info was inside a rectangle with a bird inside itch the exception of the number 10 IN

This is a Meriden Silver Co nickel silver (meaning not sterling silver) chafing dish from 1898. The 10 represents 10" and other numbers that might be there represent a pattern number. I have added pictures of what might be somewhat similar to yours. Yours is not a reproduction, it is authentic. This piece has a value of $100 to $150.00.

Please click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Please do click stars to rate my answer.