Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two African carvings they are primitive but

Customer Question

I have two African carvings they are primitive but interesting They have no provenance as I found them in a box of jumble One is a man caring a goat on his shoulders and the other has a serpent on one side and a woman and a baby they don't look like tourist tat there are more interesting also they are very grubby and dusty measures just over 8" have got pictures of both of them
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please send images of these at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to these for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nora for your help I am not surprised that you found this difficult as I think this is a huge area of fairly unknown art or primitive art the big tribal pieces from the 19th and early 20th century are quite well covered but something like this which is later is brobably 'un maped' so to speak. But thanks for trying
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Good day my name is***** appears we do not have any expert in Tribal Ethnographic art. I suggest you go to either: https://www.valuemystuff.com/us/categories/ethnic-tribal-art or http://www.bamfords-auctions.co.uk/departments/tribal-art/.