Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have approximately 28,000 miniature 25mm soldiers,

Customer Question

I have approximately 28,000 miniature 25mm soldiers, handpainted very well in authentic and accurate uniforms of the Napoleonic period. They are approximately, 45 to 50 years old. They have been exhibited in dioramas of the Battle of Waterloo at varioius places including the highly advertized Exhibition on Napoleon held at Memphis,TN and at the Scottish-Irish Festival and Games at Estes Park, CO as well as the Convention of the Napoleonic Society of Americca in Williamsburg, VA.
I wonder if it is possible to obtain an evaluation of their value. They represent years of work and research. And I haven't included the Chateau and other buildings, gardens and walls and forests which are a part of the original diorama.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

28,000 miniatures is a rather astounding collection. It is possible to have the collection valued, however doing so would really entail hiring an appraiser who can visit and catalogue the collection in person. With 28,000 pieces that can take a fair amount of time. This is an online service and I personally only handle one item per question here. I can refer you to appraiser groups if you like.

~Nora