rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We would like to sell asian antiques, screen, furniture,

Customer Question

We would like to sell asian antiques, screen, furniture, carvings pictures, dishes, etc...How do we do this? We are located in the DFW area.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

The best thing to do with household's worth of antiques is to consign to a good local auction house. If you call and ask for a house call, they come to you and do sort of a free appraisal, letting you know what will sell well in their auction. If you consign, they take it away, sell it, and give you a chech 14 to 45 days later minus their 15 to 20% commission. The best folks to start with is Heritage Auctions in Dallas. They have an online presence as well as live floor bidding which helps bring more money for you. Their phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** is their site so that you can see how it all works. http://www.ha.com/

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Hello, I wonder if my answer helped you? Please do click the stars so that this question can close.