Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Luke, I have a rare old oil on canvas, however the signature

Customer Question

for Tim Luke, I have a rare old oil on canvas, however the signature is illegible, I can't make it out... after the (painted) signature there's the year, 967, or 767, I think (not sure). I have a picture I can send online, I would like to find out more.
Is there a fee & how much?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 10 months ago.

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. You have already posted fee, so there will be no additional charge.

I need to see images of the painting. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Or email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.

or to use another site such as:

www.imgur.com or https://www.flickr.com/

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

Thank you the images arrived. I will look at this for you.

The signature is as you described it illegible. The painting is not by a professional artist. Most likely a fairly skilled amateur. I am going to opt out and allow another expert look at this.

I am attaching the images you sent.

Last one.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tim,
I'm disappointed regarding the painting. Have you looked @ the african sculpture? Will you be forwarding the infonation to the other expert? Please reply asap, to my personal email: *********@***.***
Thanks for your time.
Sylvia
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you look at the sculpture?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Images of your painting are attached here, however they are very small and the resolution is not high enough to see clear images. Can you please provide larger, more clear, higher resolution images of the front, back and close-up of signature.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nora,
I appreciate your response, yes it would be easier to speak over the phone. The file (2 items submitted) are in the slideshow format, where you can see the images much larger, you can zoom in as well.
2/1/2016, I paid $48.00 American Express. I submitted 2 items and Tim "opted out" ( he did not have any results) did he get payment for nothing? I don't understand how just answer works......hmmmmm
why may I ask, should I pay an additional amount for a simple phone call?
Thanks for your time. Reply email, ***@******.*** Regards, Sylvia
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Sylvia,

Phone calls are an additional services offer which you can choose to accept or not.

No expert has been compensated for your question.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email *****@******.***

~Nora