rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a rotenberg large canvas, 55x55 flowers in a vase I

Customer Question

I have a judy rotenberg large canvas, 55x55 flowers in a vase
I have someone who wants to buy it and I have no idea what to ask for a price. can you help me. ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Judi Rotenberg had an art gallery on Newbury Street in Boston from 1971 to 2010 where she exhibited the work of emerging and contemporary artists after not being able to sell her own pieces there. Her own work, however, has never really garnered the prices that she expected. The databases of prices for her work, most of of it large floral like yours, bring $200 to $300 at auction and that is where I would value this piece that you have described. In other words, take the money and run because her work will not go up in price.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.