Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Ihave a German Antique Flag, circa 1944,it was taken Dow by

Customer Question

Ihave a German Antique Flag, circa 1944,it was taken Dow by a Partisan Frenchman who was shot by a German Sniper, This happened in Strasburg France and my Father Major ***** ***** Gish was the Military Governor of Strasburg and he went in with the first Americans to get into Strasburg, in fact, one of the news agencies had a spo where they'd hoped my Father arriving in Strasburg and these Russian Women who had bee enslaved by the Nazis threw him up in the air, I was 14 at the time and saw the episode at the nearest th after which was 8 miles away Is this flag worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The flag is abI am approximately 48 inches wide out 106-109 long, I am adding a video of the flag
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This flag is so long I had to get two friends to hod it
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. Please send photos at your convenience.

~Nora