Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have what I believe to be a late 19th century robe

Customer Question

I have what I believe to be a late 19th century robe manufactured by TB & W Cockayne from Sheffield England. It is a half round rose wood piece with a single draw on the bottom approximately 54cm deep by 105 cm wide. The metal badge is attached to the back of the draw. It is in excellent condition. It stands approximately 2m tall. I believe it to be of significant value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see attached files. There are a number of other pices to consider as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe this may well be out of your scope of expertise. Are you able to pass on to or consult with an actual antique expert with knowledge in the furniture space? I have attached another of the pieces/Users/larrynorman/Desktop/20160129_132710.jpg
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

May I please know what may lead you to believe this is not my area of expertise? I handle, authenticate, buy and sell furniture from the Renaissance period to Modern/Contemporary and studied such during my postgrad at Christie's in London. My penthouse in NYC is furnished with only original period Louis furniture and true period Italian Renaissance furniture from the 16th century.

Nevertheless, would you like me to continue, or would you prefer that I opt-out?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it was not meant to be an insult. Please by all means continue with my response
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Certainly, I will be happy to help.

Your round form chifferobe or wardrobe dates to circa 1930 and not the 19th century. It was both manufactured and sold through the department store of TB & W Cockayne in England. Expect to garner a high of $600 - $800 for this at sale. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1200.

~Nora