rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver tea set with two coffee pots, and the rest

Customer Question

I have a silver tea set with two coffee pots, and the rest of the set. It has a W within a star within a spider web on the bottom with the # ***** Could you tell me some info regarding this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. I can tell without seeing it that it was made by E.G.Webster and Son of Brooklyn, New York between the years of 1886 to 1928. The 72 is the pattern number of this set. If you do not see the word sterling near these other marks, then the set is silver plate with no exceptions. This company made mostly silver plated items and this set would have a value of $75.00 as a silver plated tea set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.