Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I live in south Georgia, USA, on the edge of a dried up

Customer Question

Hello, my name is Jim. I live in south Georgia, USA, on the edge of a dried up cypress swamp. I recently dug up an item during cutting a firebreak in the swamp. I found what appears to be a porcelain egg, the size of a large chicken egg. The egg could also be clay hardened by fire. It has a faded purple tint in color with raised images of various unknown objects and also what appears to be a large flower in the center surrounded by some kind of pendant or chain looking border. I have attached several photos of different angles of this item. I should say, also, the egg appeared to be put together in halves along with a ridge similar to a walnut. On the back of the egg the images are worn beyond recognition and there is a 1/2 inch hole bored into the hollow portion of the egg. It appears that a plug of some type may have been used to contain a liquid or powder. If you have any ideas, please get in touch. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Jim,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your mystery egg.

It sounds interesting. Only one photo attached, could you very kindly re-attach the others.

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Robert, I will resend the remainder of the photos provided I will not be charged for this and you will provided me with an answer to the best of your ability. I have no desire for a ,free trial, subscription, and/or membership . . . Thank You, *****

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You will not be charged anything unless or until you accept my answer, except for the good faith deposit you made (which is also refundable on request).

Also, please don't respond to any phone request, it will cost you an extra $18 which you don't need to pay. The phone requests appear to come from me, but do NOT, they are automatically generated by the site, along with all the other gobbledygook you are bombarded with for free trials and subscription offers and the like. Please ignore.

I don't work for JustAnswer, I operate as an independent appraiser and I use this site simply as a marketing tool, so have no control over what they put on your screen! So my apologies for that.

Meanwhile, I look forward to seeing the photos.

Best wishes,
Robert