Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I just bought a early teens antique bicycle is a single

Customer Question

Hi I just bought a early teens antique bicycle is a single speed Tribune racer with wood wheels all is there but the pedals and the seat need refurbishing other than that the bike is in near perfect working order the crank turns everything works the tires and rims that is just need to be trued it has the original paint so the patina is good there is some rust on the handlebars but I was going to just remove that with some tinfoil and some elbow grease I paid $700 for the bike it was going on auction for 900 did I get a good deal and can I sell it for a profit??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You paid a top of the market auction price on this antique Tribune bicycle. With that said, you can ask any price you please on any item you own, the key factor being finding a buyer in your price range.

~Nora