Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have what I believe is say a 1920s condiment set .its very

Customer Question

I have what I believe is say a 1920s condiment set .its very good condition and highly shiny.. on the base it has the numbers 43031/2 which I believe relates to the silver amount in the plating can u explain this more to me . it also has a number 6 above this
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The number on the bottom (if it is etched by hand) represents a repair, if it is stamped into the metal represents the pattern number for this set. This does look to be silver plate. There is only the one photo from above. I would like for you to add another picture of the front and of the marks on the bottom. You can do that by using the Add Files feature on your screen. I can finish my answer once I get some better views of this set.