rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Elgin fob watch serial number3050D597

Customer Question

elgin fob watch serial number3050D597
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 10 months ago.

Elgin watches have a serial number on the movement (right on the guts inside). The number you gave has a D in the middle and Elgin did not use letters, so maybe you meant the number without the D. I will assess it that way. Elgin pocket watch with serial number(###) ###-####is a grade 75 watch made in 1889 in size 18s. It is an openface, 15jewel pocket watch with a full plate movement. Some of the movements were marked GM Wheeler. There were 98,000 of these watches made. This watch case would be gold-filled and not gold. The value of this watch this condition$75.00 to $85.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.