rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 4 plates by Mcclelland that are signed by the artist

Customer Question

Hello, I have 4 plates by john Mcclelland that are signed by the artist himself.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tommy the Clown plate number 8516A first issue in the Children's circus collection,Katie the Tightrope Walker plate number 15294E second issue in the Children's circus CollectionJohnny the strong man plate number 194 of the third issue of the Children's Circus CollectionLittle Jack Horner plate number 8702P original edition issued as plate 4 in the Mother Goose Series
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

All of these collector plates are from the early 1980's.

Tommy the Clown by John McClelland is the first issue in the McClelland Children's Circus Collection made by the Edwin M. Knowles China Co. in a fine-china edition limited to 100 firing days. This plate has a value of $18.00

Katie the Tightrope Walker , value $12.00

Johnny the Strong Man, value $10.00

Little Jack Horner, $17.00

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering about the value since they are signed by the artist in sharpie
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

These are not considered highly collectible pieces and the value stays the same even with a signature in pen. All of these also came with certificates of authenticity that had the same signature in pen on the card, so a signature on the plate does not add any value in this case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You are so welcome. Please do click the stars to rate me before you leave.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Once an expert answers you, it is really important for you to click the stars so that the site knows to credit the expert for the question. They pay us separately and this does not cost you extra. Five star ratings are the only way we get paid. Thanks!